Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Piranha Kids of Sawdust City

My room looked like shit. I sat up and rested my back up against the headboard. My walls looked bleak and dirty in the autumn morning sun. There were some stupid old posters from when I was ten or eleven.

I sat there in bed for a while, thinking. I caught myself having arguments with myself a few times.

Laced my boots and then got ready to leave the house. I stood by the door to my room and put my ear to it. The TV was on downstairs. I kept running until I couldn't hear her screaming after me.

I hadn't bothered sneaking out of the house for years because everything creaked. I was scared to sleep there.

Downtown looked like a ghost town that was inhabited by people who lived lives so tough the ghosts gave up trying to scare them out.

I shivered in the wind a little bit. There where a few cars parked around. Lots of grown-ups walking around in shitty old coats carrying sad beige and green plastic bags. I was talking to myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment